How did the Multi evolve?
Straw spreader Ltd , MULTI has been designed from the ground up. It has evolved by listening to all of the customers who i have met over the last few years to understand why they haven’t bought any of the machines that are on the market today, none of them bad, but the echoing need was for a machine that was more versatile and not cumbersome to use.
What is new and why is it so different to other straw bedding machines.
- So the first question is yes, it beds straw, it is happy to spread both a round or square with equal ease. The straw is teased out of the bale and spread 9m into the yard/pen. Lots of machines will spread either one or the other but not usually both equally as good, so only one machine is required.
- The next issue that customers have requested is to have a proper WiFi Hydraulic system that requires no attached cabling. The new MULTI has just that, a bespoke 24 volt hydraulic valve block, the electrical element of the spreader is stand alone with its own battery’s and charging system built into the machine. As you will all be thinking now, that won’t work as my tele-handler/tractor is only 12 volt, the solution to that problem is the control box that sits in the cab of your tractor or tele-handler is also 12 volt and simply plugs into the cigarette socket or another 12 volt auxiliary supply. The beauty about having a 24 volt hydraulic system fitted to the MULTI is that it improves performance and lowers the power requirements on the electrical circuit, this makes the MULTI more robust and reliable. The control box and receiver are programmed to each other so if multiple machines are operating together, no interference could occur to the neighbouring machine. A flexibility of this machine is if it is required to be used between several loaders, as long as the brackets and hydraulic couplers are the same you simply attach the MULTI then move the box across. The cab control box is supplied with a universal window mounting pad, so a simple swap into another machine, plug in the 12 volt power supply and go.
- Another question that is always asked is size. Some machines out there are very good, but only if you have the space to use them and are too awkward for tight yards and buildings. The solution to this problem is make the machine small enough to cope with all bales and shapes. Round bales are easy, a 2m round bale will fit into the chamber, so a 4×4 Heston will fit as well. It sits into the machine banana shaped; this aids the bale feed and makes the machine more compact. The other requirement is to have a machine capable of pivoting, so that all those hard to reach spots will be reached. The MULTI will pivot 180 deg, making light work of driving through a tight door way then rotating it round to spread in any direction left or right; you can also chose to spread and turn at the same time if required.
- Do I need to get my bales down ready for loading? This is a job that takes time and involves two processes when only one is required. The MULTI has a bale spike with a bespoke hydraulic self coupling system; once you have initially attached your telehandler to the bedding machine that is the last time you are required to get out of the cab and touch the pipes. To detach the loading bale spike from the Bedding machine, you simply press a button on the control box and the locking pins are released and you are free to back away from the MULTI to go to the stack and grab a bale, bring it back and put it straight into the MULTI bale chamber. If you need to place the bale in the correct orientation, this is simple as you can load from ether side, remove the twine or net as you drop the bale off and then go and pick the Multi back up; press the lock pin button and you have connected the hydraulic couplers as you have attached the bale spike to the MULTI and your are ready to go and spread straw.
- One of the difficulties of dealing with both round and square bales is that you need flexibility; the MULTI has a couple of features that makes spreading straw easy. The first is the spreading rotor can be adjusted up and down hydraulically while you are spreading; this improves through put of straw, this feature can also be used to limit the distance that the straw is spread if required.The second feature is that the MULTI has 4 bale feed speed settings; this means you can vary the speed according to the bale you are spreading
- The MULTI has a whole host of new technology fitted that brings bedding cattle and spreading straw to a new level; to protect this hard work and investment the MULTI is patented.